Every setback is a set up for a comeback! — Vannis Lopez
I was able to accomplish so much when I focused on my passion and my vision. It was truly life-changing. So when you are going through something, although it may be tough, painful and even frustrating, avoid getting stuck in a “pity party” by relying on sulking complaints like these:
- Why me?
- I have the worst luck.
- No one loves me.
- They all hope I fail.
- I can never catch a break.
CHECK YOURSELF by diving deep into the message of your experience; ask what you can learn from it, because there is always a lesson, no matter how murky the waters may seem. I know when you are knee-deep in the swamp of your stress or sorrow, the last thing you want to think about is the lesson.
- A setback is an opportunity for you to take a different view of what went wrong and what role you played in the outcome.
- A setback can allow you to consciously shift how you react to things, so you don’t spiral down into depression.
- A setback can spark new and innovative solutions to change things for the better!
- A setback can remind you how much love there is in your circle of friends and family – grab onto your support system!
Complaining doesn’t create change, it only prolongs the problem! So when you’re going through whatever it is, trust and believe that it won’t last forever. There’s a higher power involved and it’s all about this classroom called LIFE. The dust will clear and you will pick yourself back up.
Just remember, it’s up to you to muster up the personal courage and belief to make your JAW DROPPIN’ COME BACK! Believe me, we will all be cheering, rooting and applauding when you do.
Keep your mind and heart focused on manifesting your victorious triumph, and after every stormy setback, try, try, again!