The Power Of Leading Others

One of the most powerful things you can do is go first.
Meaning do what you are hoping somebody else will.
Humans are, on a deep level, pack animals. We move in crowds. We easily turn off our brains when we’re around others that we trust. After all, thinking is hard work. I don’t mean this metaphorically. Physically, our brains use up WAY more calories, per ounce, than any other body part. It’s a VERY expensive organ from a purely biological, economical standpoint.
Through our evolution, we’ve come up with plenty of ways to be much more efficient in our thinking. One of those is to simply trust others to make decisions for us.
If you’ve ever been in an important meeting, you may have noticed that pretty much everybody is wary of being the one to choose what to do, since they’ll get blamed when things go wrong. This is why those that can make quick and informed decisions with confidence generally get paid a LOT more money than everybody else.
But if that person’s not around, it can take a long while to come to an agreement. This is one of the reasons large companies tend to change VERY slowly. Often times too late.
This can also be a problem on a personal level. If you’re in a social setting for example, everybody is standing around waiting for somebody else to make the first move.
If you’ve recently had a fight with a good friend or partner, each of you is likely waiting for the other to make the first move toward reconciliation. The longer you wait, the harder it gets.
That’s why going first is a VERY useful ability.
Even if they’re wrong, or they “should” go first, or any other reason you tell yourself, being able to go first will give you an incredible amount of power and flexibility.
Now, making the first move can be pretty intimidating.
But there’s a way to make it much easier.
When you radiate an “aura” of friendliness, approachability, kindness, attraction, and magnetism, you’ll see that people will be pleased as punch when you go first.
You’ll be able to see it in their eyes, their faces, and their body language.
You’ll see it, they’ll feel it, and everybody else will know it.  (DJS)

Advertisements

58 comments on “The Power Of Leading Others

1. Delfina Navarro says:

WOW! I really like this article very interesting. Thanks David =)

I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Delfina E. Navarro
    Assistant Manager | [cid:image001.jpg@01C9D317.56F16920] | Excellence From The Ground Up |
    9700 Glenfield Ct | Houston, TX 77096 |
    713.729.2721 – Main | 713.729.7905 – Fax |
    assistant.meyerland@morgangroup.com | http://www.morgangroup.com

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

2. Kristie says:

In my view Disturbance Training is no scam, as
    well as it does help many individuals, but you have to work to make it function.

3. Chicago says:

You’re so interesting! I don’t think I’ve truly read through anything like this before.
    So good to discover somebody with some original thoughts on this subject matter.
    Really.. many thanks for starting this up.
    This website is one thing that’s needed on the internet, someone with some originality!

4. This is what you should ask yourself before
    undergoing any surgery because it is your life and you should take a decision to have a 100
    percent satisfaction. Therefore, it is important to talk with your physicians about the possible
    benefits and risks from having cosmetic surgery.
    Talk things out with your medical professional beforehand.

5. Jasmine says:

Visit our Area Content segment or introduce the 3D Vertebrae Simulator to obtain started now!

6. Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis,
    this site is truly nice and the viewers are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

7. Samira says:

I absolutely love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as
    I’m planning to create my own personal blog and want to learn where you got this from or what the theme is named.
    Thanks!

8. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it
    😉 I am going to revisit yet again since i have bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

9. Firstclass Bangers will be your only selection to get rap hip hop instrumentals, you need
    it!

10. I rarely leave responses, but i did some searching and wound up
    here The Power Of Leading Others David Joseph Saker, Ph.D.,
    ILCT. And I do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.
    Could it be just me or does it appear like a few of these comments
    appear like they are written by brain dead people?
    😛 And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to follow everything new you have to post.
    Would you make a list of the complete urls of all your social
    sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

11. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and interesting,
    and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is an issue that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for
    something concerning this.

12. In an additional research study, Forskolin supplements was able to aid overweight individuals
    to preserve their weight without other substantial changes.

13. A qualified should evaluate the problem then, utilizing an electronic
    camera strategy, in addition to extensively cleansing the
    main line.

14. Chau says:

This is feasible due to the fact that your heart pace is fairly linear with your calorie
    cost when your heart price is 90 to 150 beats per min, additionally referred to as bpm.

15. Alonzo says:

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.

The clarity in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.
    Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with
    forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

16. obviously like your website however you need to test the spelling on several of
    your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and
    I find it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I’ll definitely come back again.

17. Kimberly says:

I take pleasure in, lead to I found just what I used to be looking for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

18. Twyla says:

bookmarked!!, I like your web site!

19. Ewan says:

Sony simply current for the very first time updatee the
    ps4 then they still managed to neglect good friend notices as
    well as assistance for mp3.

20. There is certainly a great deal to learn about this subject.
    I like all of the points you’ve made.

21. Doing the areas should not be viewed as enjoyment and
    can be a significant enterprise.

22. Fuel Vary says:

[…] to assist 30. If unsure, double verify. As indicated, this assembly is intended for set up in a gas range reviews operated leisure vehicle vary. A typical such vary has high deck with a recess for every burner. A […]

23. Cinda says:

A quick weight loss diet program program must not bee implemented
    in as well significantly of a time constraint.

24. Hyman says:

These grill are actually offered in both energy and fuel; nonetheless, the gasoline labels require
    you to purchase a cylinder individually.

25. Carolyn says:

The brand-new nonpayment apple iphone PERSONAL STEREO
    is actually trash, this allows me merely play my songs as well as investments without a
    chaotic style.

26. Gudrun says:

Action 3: 15 moments prior to the white potatos are because of show up of the oven, start prepping the poultry.

27. Ivory says:

Alongside our pro setup support services, the crew at Del-Air can easily handle your humidifier
    upkeep throughout the year.

28. Stephan says:

Make certain to shut the cover on the grill after you draw the chicken so the grill
    keeps its own heat level.

29. This video clip plugin for WordPress exceeds the standard show of video
    recordings in a web site.

30. Earnestine says:

I ate the buffalo design ones and also my spouse ate the barbeque ones (and I
    took one coming from him!).

31. Josie says:

Yet another sort of tri ply kitchenware is created along with
    copper, light weight aluminum as well as stainless steel.

32. Owen says:

In every dehumidifier testimonial that our company generate our
    company deliver a connect to the current most affordable price that may
    be found.

33. Gilberto says:

The main reason was actually below remarkable- I presumed this was prettier than the non-stick kitchenware.

34. Randi says:

If you are appearing to reduce moisture levels throughout your
    home, an entire house dehumidifier is through far your finest option.

35. It could cook up to 8 burgers, 8 hen breasts, and 8 steaks at the same time.

36. Louanne says:

In warm and comfortable ailments our team sweat, the liquefied water vaporizes from our skin as well as has
    heat along with it, hence cooling our physical bodies.

37. Amie says:

Since then the need of ceramic cooking equipment has actually been actually experienced higher than in the past, both of these all over the world as well as in the U.S.A.