Easter Sunday……2015

Easter Sunday…….2015

Throughout the past week, Christians around the world have contemplated Jesus’ final steps as He made His way to the cross. His humiliation and suffering have broken our hearts, but just beneath the surface lay the expectation of what we knew was coming: He is risen!

The resurrection was the Savior’s destiny—but so was the cross. Jesus came as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. But did you know that the cross is also God’s ordained destiny for believers? It’s the only way to deal with sin. When Jesus died at Calvary, He bore the punishment for our sins so that everyone who believes in Him can be forgiven and declared “Not Guilty!” From God’s judicial standpoint, we have already been crucified with Christ because the penalty for our sin has been paid. However, salvation doesn’t remove our old sinful thought patterns and desires.

What Christ did in removing the penalty of sin, we must each do personally to overcome the power of sin in our lives. But the cross is the last place we want to go. It not only brings pain, but the road leads through Gethsemane, where we have to say to God, “Not My will, but Yours be done”.

Though we long to overcome sin in our life, many of us are unwilling to do what’s required. Yet if we try to avoid the cross, we’ll miss the abundant life God wants to give us. Instead of living in consistent triumph over temptation, we will be on a roller coaster of ups and downs. Each time we fail, we’ll try harder, but there is no way to improve or reform our sinful tendencies. They have to be put to death.

The cross is not the end point. God’s goal is that we “walk in newness of life”. Once we nail those old fleshly cravings to the cross, they’ll start to lose their appeal, and our hearts will begin to find delight in obeying the Lord. Just as Christ was raised from the dead, we, too, will find vibrant life and victory beyond our Golgotha.

Ask yourself these questions: What is at the center of my life? What drives me and gives me a sense of purpose? Does anything other than the Holy Spirit have control over me? What am I unwilling to surrender to the Lord? If anything or anyone in your life has priority over Christ, it’s idolatry. Whatever you are holding onto or whatever is holding onto you needs to be taken to the cross. A new life of freedom and power is waiting on the other side of the grave.

DJS

Advertisements

13 comments on “Easter Sunday……2015

1. Delfina Navarro says:

Good Morning David.

Thanks for this saying. I hope you had a great weekend!

I also wanted to let you know that you have 2 Packages in our office.

Sincerely,
    Delfina E. Navarro
    Assistant Manager | [cid:image001.jpg@01C9D317.56F16920] | Excellence From The Ground Up |
    9700 Glenfield Ct | Houston, TX 77096 |
    713.729.2721 – Main | 713.729.7905 – Fax |
    assistant.meyerland@morgangroup.com | http://www.morgangroup.com

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

2. Cory says:

I love it when folks come together and share ideas. Great blog, continue the good work!

3. Hello, I enjoy reading through your post.

I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

4. Ardis says:

Hurrah! In the end I got a web site from where I know how
    to in fact obtain valuable information regarding my
    study and knowledge.

5. Eve says:

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually understand
    what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss
    with my web site =). We can have a hyperlink change contract among us

6. Thalia says:

Heya superb website! Does running a blog like this take a large amount of work?
    I have virtually no understanding of computer programming but I
    had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have
    any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand
    this is off topic nevertheless I just had to ask. Thanks a lot!

7. Stan says:

constantly i used to read smaller posts that as well clear their
    motive, and that is also happening with this
    piece of writing which I am reading at this place.

8. Chandra says:

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your
    website in web explorer, may check this? IE nonetheless is the
    market leader and a huge section of people will omit your wonderful writing due to this problem.

9. Tonya says:

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality
    articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo
    I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i’m happy to express that I have a very good uncanny
    feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make sure to do not omit this web site
    and give it a look on a continuing basis.

10. Darrylblwgu says:

I see your website’s ranking is very low, it’s hard to find in search results.
    You would triple your traffic if you rank your page to top ten results.
    SEO become very hard nowadays, i know what can help
    you, just type in google for:
    Kelustu’s Tips Outsource The Work

11. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time
    to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire
    to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles
    referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!